Pages

Anyone that knows me knows that I enjoy cooking, baking, and most of all eating good food - which translates into trying LOTS of new recipes!  I admit that I've been less than green for quite awhile; instead of organizing my printed recipes, or even just bookmarking them, I would search for and print them every time I wanted to make them.  Eek!  I know.  I started off printing them and saving, but I got sick of thumbing through every.single.loose.random recipe and just gave up - until now :)


With this weekly challenge I've got the base to start being better  about printing off thousands of recipes! LOL  Now I'll print it off once - if we like it I'll just file it away in my nifty new recipe binder, and if I don't, then I'll throw it away!


I found a large 3 ring binder designed for heavy duty use, with an extra long cover so that tabs don't stick out.  It has a cool pocket in the front where I can stash cards or clippings quickly to file when I have a few extra minutes.  

After whipping up a pretty damask cover (front, back, and spine - complete with scripture) I printed them on textured cardstock and then adhered the front and back to black cardstock that was cut to size.

Then I made my own category pages:
Appetizers
Breads
Breakfast
Desserts
Main Dish
Salads
Sides
Soups
Misc.
Special Occasion (for like themed treats, etc)
To Try (when something looks interesting)

I put them all in page protectors and I'll be getting some file tabs at the store later to put on the edges.  I'll likely divide the main dish section up later into beef, chicken, pasta, slow cooker, etc., but this will work for now.

And guess what!  I'm going to give away the covers and dividers!  If you'd like them, just leave me a comment with your email address and I'll get them out to you (it might be a bit - I do own a business and have 3 kids, lol)!

Of course I'm linking my recipe binder up to:



And to:



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

11 Comments

11 Responses so far.

  1. My life is becoming one binder after another--it's the only way I stay (nearly) sane! Paper management tends to be my "arch nemesis." Thanks for sharing such a cute idea for decorating the binder. And I agree that the extra $$ for those heavy duty binders is TOTALLY worth it.

  2. Erin says:

    Yes, please! My MIL has had an ongoing project of organizing her recipes, and I think this would be the perfect touch!

  3. Lynn says:

    Your book looks awesome. I would love copies of your dividers and the covers. Thanks so much for sharing!

    lynnriddell09@gmail.com

  4. Kristal says:

    LOVE your binder! Great job and I would love to WIN, to replace my up-cycled, UGLY gray flimsy one!
    Kristalm@kw.com

  5. Rachel says:

    Your binder is so cute! I'd love a copy...thanks!! Found you through Funky Junk's link up!

  6. So Elegant a binder- Would love to give this to my dd as she is starting her own family

  7. Your binders are a-dor-able!!! I would love to win those!!

  8. Angie says:

    I just LOVE your binder cover! Found you on A Bowl Full of Lemons!!!

  9. Angie says:

    Oh, dillonangie@yahoo.com

  10. I would love copies!

  11. I would love copies if you are still sharing!
    Terri
    tjadopt@gmail.com

Post a Comment