Pages

I just wanted to do a quick share on this.  

I took an old canvas print (cheap, like from the dollar store) that I'd taken down when redecorating my dining room (glad I saved it!  There I go sounding like my mom again!) and painted it with a base coat of Dover White (my favorite spray-on white if you haven't guessed yet).  Then off to the Sure Cuts A Lot software I went, and made an "eye chart" with words from the hymn...........His eye is on the sparrow, and I know he watches me...............



Anywho, I whipped those letters out on some brown vinyl with my Cricut and applied it to the canvas.  I then adhered the canvas to the window with the help of some Gorilla Glue.  Then  I put on the brown and white polka dot ribbon for a little extra :)  I'm thinking about making some fabric flowers for the bottom right corner.  We'll see.



I thought it was both a good play on words (you know, His eye, watches me, eye chart.........nevermind, I thought about this way too much) as well as a good reminder.  I enjoy seeing it as it rests in front of the firebox (it's a non-working fireplace)..........much better than seeing a black hole :)

Luke 12:6 says:
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.


2 Comments

2 Responses so far.

  1. Very cool! I didn't know a cricut could do custom-ish designs like that. Tell me more!

  2. I'm totally diggin your blog! I think we might have some similar style interests!

    following you via google reader!

    www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

Post a Comment