Pages

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Lisa's {Cutlery Caddy} over at {Recaptured Charm}:


So when I spotted a silverware caddy like this at a sale last fall I knew EXACTLY what I was going to do with it!

source




All it took was some Dover White spray paint and a little sandpaper to spiff it up!  I had a drawer pull that I'd picked up years ago - gorgeous rust on it even!  I put it on with a printed silverware label and here's what she looks like now!




Not only is it super simple to just tote to the table or set out if we're doing buffet style, but it also freed up a kitchen drawer!

Another fun accessory I did just recently for the kitchen was a new paper towel holder.  I can't find where I saw this at (please message me if you know so that I can give proper credit!) but it pretty much just required an old 60s/70s lamp, the kind with the big colored glass bowl thingies that are sitting on a metal base.  Simply take the lamp apart, slide your paper towels on!  Depending on how your lamp is, sometimes you can use the nice finial on the top - I just took the mid part of the lamp and used it:


Linking up to:



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



Copy Me Challenge

3 Comments

3 Responses so far.

  1. I have the same silverware caddy! It was my parents' and I painted it black. We only have a couple drawers in our kitchen, so that free drawer was HUGE for us!

    http://onthebanksofsquawcreek.blogspot.com/2010/04/and-quickie.html

  2. These are *both* great copies! I have the same silverware caddy, in red, for our porch gatherings, but I adore your rusty pull w/label!
    hugs,
    Leslie

  3. gorgeous - love love love it!

    www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

Post a Comment