Pages

Donna @ Funky Junk Interiors and Marian (Miss Mustard Seed) @ Mustard Seed Creations are hosting a "Copy Me" Challenge & Linky Party in honor them each hitting 4,000 followers!  Just mimic their style, post it up, and link to their celebration/party post!

First up for me, Funky Junk............since I crave many of the same things as Donna (rust, wood, junk ;) ) this was easy peasy!  When my end table in the living room busted awhile back, I knew exactly what I would do - and I instantly thought of Miss FJI! 


I bought 7 or 8 wooden crates at a sale last fall and they've been sitting in the garage waiting for me to get inspired ;)  I grabbed the two heftiest ones, flipped them upside down and WAHLAH!





The crate on the bottom was a milk crate, from Lucerne, with beautiful metal edges.


The top is an old (very worn) Pepsi crate.  Look at all of that wear and tear and use, gorgeous!




Up top rests a lamp, a galvanized something-or-other (?), and a thrift store frame with a V-day printable - just a touch of the holiday :)




Inside the galvanized something-or-other rests 2 old milk jars and 2 old canning jars (complete with zinc lids).  In this shot you can see more of the chippy, well loved paint of the old screen door that rests behind (it has one of those old metal "turn me" door bells and it works!  Great until the 4 year old rediscovers it!).  I left the screen in the door and hung a grapevine wreath from the chain at the top.

Let's drool take another look at the awesome texture and age in this vignette...........




Does that not just SCREAM FJI???  

Yup, I thought so too :)

Now to work on Miss Mustard Seed...........stay tuned!

I'm linking this post up to Funky Junk's Copy Me Linky Partay!





Copy Me Challenge

6 Comments

6 Responses so far.

  1. scream is right...this is GREAT! love the hits of red subtle but oh so cute! This is very cool!

    www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

  2. COTTAG3 says:

    great stuff! I love crates and this is a very creative way to display them and use them.

  3. Love your "end table" and the door behind it!

  4. Ohhhh lotsa junky goodness here! Yes, love the stacked crates for a side table! While everything looks amazing together, that chippy door is the perfect finish. LOVE it!

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

  5. Love the combo of the rustic wood, tin, metal and glass. And the chippy door is perfect.

  6. Looks great...definitely "drool worthy" Take care, Laurel@chippingwithcharm

Post a Comment